Sunday 13 June 2010

IOW DAY TWO

Morning all!

Katie here from my tent on the Isle Of Wight listening to the sound of seagulls and bacon sizzling nearby. It's about 9am here (impressive sleeping in for a festival) and am feeling about 60% awake.
Yesterday was another good day here at IOW.

In the morning I went and saw my pal DJ in the Strongbow tent (done up like a bar/club for the weekend). Then we had some lunch and wandered over to the main stage area. My new pal Maz and I then decided to invest in some blankets (as the night had been so chilly and the day was pretty breezy). Of course, by the time we had bought them, the sun was scorching and we ended up using the blankets as rugs to lie on the floor and have a little snooze!








On the main stage we saw a folk lady called Melanie who had performed on the same stage 40 years before. Nice chilled songs in the sunshine.

After that we were treated to the brilliant The Hold Steady. I love them and their rocking happy goodness had me dancing on the grass.








After that was Paloma Faith and she was insanely good! Massive voice, massive heels and I loved her between-song banter (a proper London lass like me!). We were very impressed.
Then we watched Crowded House (good sunshine tunes) and the super cool Vampire Weekend.

At this point the World Cup England vs USA match started. It was being shown on various big screens round the arena and thousands and thousands of people made their way over in their red and white gear to support their team. I tried - but remebered that Biffy Clyro were on the main stage so legged it back through the crowds to watch them. I LOVE BIFFY CLYRO. They were incredible. And moving. And loud. And great. And I cried (just a little bit) when they played Folding Stars. Beautiful. It was odd to have those guys on in one place, the footie in another and The Saturdays on too. Mad lineup. I also looked pretty mad having put all my layers on at once!




At this point I'd like to give a shout out to a girl called Lucy. I was walking through the crowd and someone yelled "Katie p!" and this lovely lady ran up to me and told me she knows all about the Trident Perpetual Festival and she had been reading the blogs! How great is that?! We had a good long chat and I interviewed her too - all video footage to follow.

So, following some food I reunited with a load of pals and we danced to Blondie and The Strokes. Very fun indeed. Phew. Long day! But a goodun'.



Now to start a new day! The last at IOW - booooo.

Have yourselves a fun one

Xx

Posted by Katie P

Location:N Fairlee Rd,Newport,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment