Wednesday 16 June 2010

BEACH BREAK DAY ONE

Good morning all!
Katie here sat in the press area of Beach Break in Wales. There has been pretty bad internet connection - so will update when I can and let everyone read/see all the full pics and videos on my return.

The festival is set by a beach (as the name suggests) in a massive field surrounded by forests and trees. It's completley gorgeous and once again I've been lucky with the weather as it's been super hot and sunny since I arrived. Right now there is barely a cloud in the sky! Lovely stuff.



Yesterday was a good day. I arrived around lunchtime and set about exploring the site. There are the usual fun stalls and places to eat as well as cool extra stuff like parcours performers, belly dancing classes, tea tents and more.

A few of my friends are running a stall painting moustaches and beards onto the faces of willing festival goers. So naturally I took part..



However, I did wipe it off to do a nice interview with Dan Le Sac and Scroobious Pip (video interview to follow!). They were lovely and really interested by this whole crazy job!

I then watched them perform on the main stage as well as Plan B and The Futureheads. Me and my pals then headed over to the big top tent in another field to see Sub Focus and more. The tent was so packed that people were just dancing on the grass outside. A lot of fun! We then headed to a smaller tent where some breakdancers were doing some demonstrations.. eventually ending in the whole crowd shaking their limbs to Madonna and Rhianna and more. We even managed to get a limbo line started with a bit of string. Classy.

I ended up very cold in my tent and have decided that this evening I will put on alllllllllll my clothes in an attempt to combat night freeze. I'm too boney - that's the trouble!

This morning I washed my hair under a cold tap (getting good at this!), baby wiped my face and had a coffee. What more does a festival goer need?!
I might visit the beach today as well as do a few interviews with bands/artists and festival goers.
Fun times.
Thanks for reading xx


Posted by Katie P

Location:Ebenezer St,Castle,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment