Saturday 19 June 2010

BEACH BREAK DAY TWO

Hello all,
Day Two (Wednesday) was pretty grand! Woke at about 9am and had a wash before heading into the arena to attempt to find internet (failed) and check out some of the cool things around the arena.
The great thing about Beach Break is that there is so much to do around the site that aren't related to music. The music and 'big' acts don't really start until later in the evening - so during the daytime people can walk around and take poll dancing lessons, watch acrobatics, play ping pong, lie around in the sunshine - or anything like that. The weather has been amazing - so people seem to be happy to lie in the sunshine and chilax with their friends.




Once I had woken up properly and had some coffee and breakfast - I met up with my friends and went and interviewed the lovely Band Of Skulls. I had written about them previously when at Kerrang! Magazine - so it was good to meet them in person and they are very lovely indeed. Their live set was great too - and people were waving their arms about and enjoying the stodgy bass lines in the sunshine. Video interview to come!

Band Of Skulls Live



As the sun went down, I went back to my friends' campsite and had some food and natter - before heading out back into the arena for the evening and watching Calvin Harris on the main stage - then Toddla T, Fake Blood and 2manyDjs in the big blue tent. We were dancing hard and bouncing around almost in the front row - it was pretty chaotic but so much fun!



I then bailed earlier than my pals - and went back to my tent. They stayed out and partied till 5am dancing at a silent disco. But I have learnt that if I am going to survive 30 festivals in 30 weeks - I have to stay healthy and alive!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment