Saturday 12 June 2010

WHY I LOVE FESTIVALS




Well, I love festivals for many reasons.. but as I am sat in the sunshine on this saturday morning on the Isle Of Wight, I thought I'd list some:

1) being outside. So many of us have jobs which mean we are stuck in offices or shops or factories all day and are completely deprived of fresh air and sunlight. Festivals allow you days wandering around outside getting your yearly dose of vitamin D and oxygen.

2) the people. Festivals are full of happy lunatics. People letting loose and having fun and embracing 24 hour cheer and party times.

3) sleeping in a tent. Yeah, it's cold and the floors lumpy, but I still manage to wake feeling rested because you've spent all night breathing real air in your sun heated 'home'.

4) food. Call me insane, but festival food has got awesome. Sure, you could still gorge on bacon sarnies all weekend, but these days you can also get fresh fruit, great coffee and amazing world cuisine. Yesterday I had one of the best Thai green curries of my life - off a paper plate sat on the floor.

5) fashion. What fashion?! Exactly. Anything goes at festivals. From ball gowns to Lyra jump suits, bear outfits to fairy wings (plus the essential hunter wellies and ray bans) - the festival fields are a catwalk of WTF and OMG plus OH LA LA.

6) music. This list is not in order of preference. For me, festivals are brilliant because of the music. You watch what you like, you stumble across things you never heard about and you surprise yourself by enjoying things you thought you didn't like. For me especially, the past 3 weeks have been an ear-opening experience. It's been great.

That's all for now. I'm happy.

Katie xx



- Posted by Katie P

No comments:

Post a Comment