Saturday 12 June 2010

IOW DAY ONE

So here I am blogging from my tent (so futuristic!) on the morning of day two at IOW.
Yesterday was amazing and i'm gonna try and write about it quickly before the internet dies (tends to do that).
I spent a lot of the day wandering around taking photos of mad people and making new friends. I completed this week's challenge - !!!!! - making the word Trident out of bodies (pics to follow) ad in the process met some cool people who told me they had also applied for this job! Small world!

Ended up hanging out with my pal Joe who is Dj-ing here at the festival and his girlfriend Maz.





We scored ourselves some special wristbands for a certain beverage tent which made the whole evening pretty snazzy as we had access to a VIP area (with this grass sofa) and some clean portaloos (a festival dream).
We went and watched Calvin Harris who was great and had the entire festival dancing - looked incredible.
Florence And The Machine were next and they were utterly stunning. She looked so beautiful and angelic and the lighting and set design was so brilliant. I have some video and photos of that to come when I get to a computer.
After that was Jay Z - amazing! So many great tunes and thousands of us shaking our bums and wiggling our hips. Great stuff.
Finally we ended up in a make-shift bar/club on site dancing to Fat Boy Slim and more. Good times.
My tent was kinda cold - not gonna lie - so will invest in an extra blanket today just in case.

Hope you're all well and happy

Katie x


Posted by Katie P

No comments:

Post a Comment