Friday 28 May 2010

AN AMAZING EVENING IN IBIZA

Hey all
it's Friday morning here in Ibiza - and I am sat in the IMS lecture hall - hacking into their wifi so I can update you on the latest goings-on here on the party island. Since my last blog, lots of fun things have been going on.
Last night, after a brief stop-back at the hotel, Kyle and Aaron went out for some food and drink in Ibiza town and had a wander right round the port and checked out some of the local shops.
Meanwhile, I did some work before heading out for dinner with my new pal Jenn - who I met here at the IMS. We walked along the beach to find a little restaurant in the sand - with a table and chairs underneath a palm tree. It was honestly the most incredible setting I have ever had dinner in my life. The beach was deserted and the sand was warm and the moon was reflected down onto the sea. The palm tree was wrapped in blue lights and the food was amazing. If I sound a bit crazy excited about this - it's because it was completely stunning. After some food - some of our other new friends joined us for a catch-up sitting on the beach. After about 30 minutes, we went up to the bar and bumped into... MARK RONSON! The man, the legend, the snappy dressing - the dude is a legend. So I went and said hi..
"Hello Mark, my name is Katie, just thought I would say hello!" He was very friendly and quite shy - and we ended up chatting about rock music (he loves heavy metal and has a photo of him and Slash on his phone) and we had a little chinwag about the IMS - getting ready for his speech and performance later today. What a nice guy! By this point, it was about 2am, and we figured it was time to get some sleep before the massive party night tonight.. It was lovely end to a great day here in Ibiza.
Check the photo! I look warm.. and a bit excited.. and he looks smooth!
Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment