Tuesday 19 October 2010

MicroLoan


As I mentioned below, one morning at the festival I went and visited a local village to learn about the MicroLoan foundation - and the work they have been doing to help women in Africa improve their lives and set up their own businesses to help village life. We had a talk from the local organisers and women then gave their testimonies about how they have been helped, and what they have done with their loans to help fight poverty in the area. The children of the village were extremely friendly and came and looked at my photos and laughed at the photos I had with me. Here is a snap of me on a little chair under a tree.
Katie x

EDIT: I just got sent this comment on this post - which I thought I would add to it, so you can all find out more.

"Hi Katie,

I hope your festival tour has been a great success and that you enjoyed seeing MicroLoan's work first hand. If anyone would like to read more about what we do please visit www.microloanfoundation.org.uk.

Thanks,

Alice"

x

No comments:

Post a Comment