Thursday 9 December 2010

Ramsay Street!

When I was little I loved watching Australian soap opera Neighbours. It felt like I was getting a little insight into the life and sights of my cousins' world down under. Actually, Neighbours is totally crazy - and certainly those 1980s episodes were totally weird. Nevertheless, I am sure Neighbours has a special place in the heart of many UK TV fans... which is why today I went and visited the real life Ramsay Street - the street on which the TV show is filmed. The street is actually a pleasant residential road called Pin Oak Crescent, and my friend Matt kindly drove me over to it to take some photos of the soap spectacle. Real people live in these houses - and the TV company send them a weekly timetable letting them know when their houses will be required for certain shots. This means they cannot change the external look of their houses/gardens and decor. What a strange life! Check out the pics of the street and Matt and myself below:











No comments:

Post a Comment