Friday 2 July 2010

Wakestock day one

Good Morning! I'm lying here in my tent in Wales listening to the sounds of people waking up around me.
I'm at Wakestock and it's week 6 of my Perpetual Festival!
Yesterday I made the journey from London over to Bangor were I met up with other festival goers for a transfer bus over to the site. It was an amazing drive through Wales along the coast in the sunshine and we arrived to blistering heat and blue skies to put up our tents and get started.

As Europe's biggest Wakeboarding event, the fest is a cheery mix of wakeboarding at the local beach in the morning and music in the afternoon/evening in the grassy arena.
Yesterday I went to check out the tunes from the moment the gates opened and headed over to the Plugged In tent where there's going to be signings over the weekend. On a more important note, they're also allowing you to blend your own free smoothies using a bike and peddle power. Wooooo! I may have had a few. Fresh fruit at a fest is to be savoured. :)
I then met the superstar that is Mr Hudson! We started chatting and he basically interviewed me about my job before I could even ask him a thing! I then got a few minutes of time to chat to him about his year and the amazing summer he has had already. What a lovely guy.
N-Dubz then popped over, and while they didn't have time for an interview - i did say hello and get a photo. Rock and roll!
After that the partying started and me and my pal Martin (who I randomly bumped into as he is selling programs!) went and danced to N-Dubz and Toddla T and had a look around the fest for food and crazy happy fans.
Its very windy here - so I did get very very cold - but put on all my clothes and slept all warm and cosy...
This weeks winner arrives later today and I can't wait to hang out!
Take care xx


- Posted by Katie P

Location:Tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment